The #1 purpose why donors don’t submit matching present requests is that they don’t know their employers supply such applications. Company giving is usually a important income for nonprofits, and selling these engagement alternatives to donors can considerably improve your giving income. That’s why increasingly organizations like yours are crafting methods to drive this funding supply—together with advertising matching presents in your digital communications.
Actually, research present that mentioning matching presents in fundraising appeals leads to a 71% improve in response charge and a 51% improve within the common donation quantity. Not solely do matching present applications double particular person donations, however in addition they encourage extra donors to present within the first place and to extend their authentic contribution. In the long run, that makes the matched present bigger, too!
On this information, we’ll talk about a number of of essentially the most impactful and environment friendly methods to tell donors about gift-matching applications by using digital communications. These sometimes embrace:
Incorporating company giving into your digital outreach technique can put you on the trail to reaching your fundraising objectives in a fraction of the time. Let’s get began!
Advertising Matching Items With Electronic mail Signatures
Likelihood is that your group sends a ton of emails—together with fundraising messages, mission-related content material, and extra. However do you know that each message you ship could be a possibility to advertise matching presents? Simply use your electronic mail signature!
An electronic mail signature sometimes consists of a person’s private contact particulars, nonprofit info, and even a related picture or group emblem—nevertheless it’s additionally an incredible place to advertise matching presents.
Greatest practices for advertising matching presents together with your electronic mail signatures embrace:
- Modifying the e-mail signatures for everybody in your membership and/or growth groups to advertise matching presents.
- Linking to further sources to which recipients can navigate to be taught extra about matching present alternatives (comparable to your devoted matching present web page in your web site).
A easy blurb or a flashy graphic about company giving can improve consciousness and be the wanted push for donors to take a fast 5 minutes to submit matching present requests. It’s one of many best and most cost-effective methods to advertise matching presents year-round.
Instance Content material:
- “Your donation could also be eligible for an identical present out of your employer. Discover out at catrescueclub.com/matching-gifts/.”
- “Your membership contribution could also be eligible for an identical present out of your employer. Discover out at doublethedonation.com/CRC/.”
Advertising Matching Items With Emails
Electronic mail outreach is an important element of digital communications and general fundraising. Electronic mail offers instantaneous outreach to donors, so you possibly can basically say, “Hello. What’s up? Have you considered matching presents at this time?” Then, individuals can reply (or request their match!) simply as shortly.
Greatest practices for advertising matching presents together with your electronic mail streams embrace:
- Embedding a textual content hyperlink and a visible graphic inside your electronic mail, directing readers to your matching present web page.
- Encouraging supporters to carry out a search to see if their firm matches donations and entry the suitable varieties, pointers, and directions.
Snail mail merely can’t preserve tempo, and at $0.55 a stamp, why would you pay to sluggish issues down?
A profitable electronic mail advertising technique hinges on a well-paced, regular procession of the suitable strikes reasonably than a reckless bombardment of emails. With sufficient house to put in writing a fast blurb and/or hyperlink to a full-length article, electronic mail messages are an incredible place to coach donors about matching presents.
Understand that an electronic mail or digital e-newsletter devoted to matching presents is probably going going to be the simplest technique. Nevertheless, incorporating matching presents in a bigger electronic mail useful resource can work effectively, too. Loyal donors will probably learn your common emails, so it’s a very good place to supply in-depth details about the advantages of company giving.
Instance Content material:
- “Do you’re employed for a match-maker? Immediately discover out in case your employer will double and even triple your donation to the Nationwide Kidney Basis with a fast search of our on-line database!”
- “1000’s of firms will match donations made by their staff members, retirees, and even worker spouses. Search now to entry your employer’s matching present varieties and full the easy, minutes-long course of to drive further help towards our trigger.”
Advertising Matching Items With Prewritten Articles
Organizations usually use on-line blogs to maintain supporters up to date on their efforts and inform the nonprofit’s story. Why not additionally make the most of your weblog to share methods for donors to double their donations, enabling your staff to maintain telling that story?
Weblog articles are an effective way to begin the dialog about company philanthropy, particularly the position that particular person donors can play. Think about telling in-depth tales in regards to the significance of matching presents whereas educating individuals on find out how to submit the mandatory varieties.
Greatest practices for advertising matching presents together with your prewritten articles embrace:
- Posting insightful tales about matching presents and the results the applications can convey your group’s mission.
- Incorporating a graphic that advertises matching presents on the facet of a weblog put up to assist improve consciousness.
Many donors have by no means heard of matching present and volunteer grant applications, so it’s vital to tell your supporters in regards to the alternatives. And with a purpose to evoke emotion and drive extra donors to take part, we advocate rigorously demonstrating the elevated affect that company giving can have.
Instance Content material:
- “Cat Rescue Membership raises $200,000 from Matching Items and Saves 10,000 Extra Furry Mates!”
- Use this text matter to element how matching presents present further sources that may create alternatives that might in any other case not be doable. Make the story private and relatable so donors understand the significance of taking a mere 5 minutes to submit an identical present request.
- “Company Worker Matching Present Packages: What Are They and How Do They Profit Atlanta College?”
- Use this text matter to tell donors about matching present fundamentals, from what matching presents are to how they profit your group to how simple it’s to submit an identical present request. Generally individuals simply must know that such applications exist!
Advertising Matching Items With Social Media
Folks flock to social media to find the web’s greatest content material. Although you don’t want to provide viral posts every single day, you do want to supply compelling and interesting info on a constant foundation. And a few of the most impactful content material you possibly can share has to do with company gift-matching alternatives!
There are almost as many social media retailers as there are stars within the universe, so it’s greatest to concentrate on actually optimizing your technique on just some websites. Relying in your group and its typical donor base, this would possibly embrace Fb, Twitter, LinkedIn, and extra. Whatever the platforms you select, every networking website requires a nuanced strategy to get your info on the market and greatest have interaction together with your viewers.
Greatest practices for advertising matching presents together with your social media platforms embrace:
- Sharing academic sources about matching present applications and the businesses that supply them.
- Partaking your digitally savvy donors and volunteers and inspiring them to submit matching presents.
- Scheduling messages on a recurring foundation as a option to enchantment to supporters with out asking for a further donation.
Whether or not or not you utilize a matching present service, a easy tweet, Fb put up, or LinkedIn article can unfold the phrase about these applications to hundreds of donors.
Social media websites like these supply an effective way to maintain individuals up-to-date in your nonprofit’s campaigns, inform your viewers about matching present alternatives, and encourage donors to look into the method. Simply make sure to embrace a direct hyperlink to a location the place customers can uncover further info and the following steps!
Instance Content material:
- “It takes just some minutes to submit a company worker matching present type…have you ever submitted yours?”
- “What do Microsoft, Financial institution of America, IBM, and Verizon all have in frequent? Every one matches donations made by their staff to nonprofit organizations. Many main employers supply comparable worker matching present applications. Search atlantauniversity.edu/employer-matching-gifts/ to seek out out in case your employer presents one thing like this, in addition to to entry program pointers, how-to directions, and related varieties.”
Advertising Matching Items With SMS Outreach
One other type of digital communication that’s changing into more and more fashionable amongst nonprofits and their donors is texting. Actually, research present that SMS advertising experiences common open and response charges of 98% and 45%, respectively. Because of this, textual content messaging, or SMS, is usually a improbable option to attain donors shortly and affordably utilizing direct advertising methods.
Greatest practices for advertising matching presents with SMS communications embrace:
- Automating your group’s outgoing textual content messaging efforts to donors recognized as matching present eligible.
- Preserving your texts quick and candy to get your message throughout shortly (sometimes 1,000 characters or much less).
- Using personalizable SMS templates and customizing names, donation quantities, using firms, and extra.
Fortunately, there are a selection of tech options designed to streamline and simplify the processes concerned with mass, pre-scheduled textual content messaging. For instance, Double the Donation makes use of programmable communications firm, Twilio to supply automated matching present textual content advertising providers for its enterprise shoppers.
Instance Content material:
- “David, thanks in your beneficiant donation of $200 to the Cat Rescue Membership. Do you know that your present is probably going eligible for a company match from Johnson & Johnson? View your employer’s matching present pointers and varieties right here!”
- “Have you ever submitted your matching present request in your most up-to-date contribution? Get your donation doubled and improve the affect delivered to Atlanta College.”
Advertising Matching Items With Begin / Finish-of-Yr Reminders
Matchable donations have restricted lifespans, so you want to promote matching presents to eligible donors earlier than the clock runs. In different phrases, a supporter can’t donate in 2018 and submit an identical present request for that donation in 2022.
Though program specifics differ by firm, most firms adhere to one of many following sorts of requirements for matching present submission deadlines:
- A set variety of months from the date of the donation (the usual is one yr, although it may vary from one to 12 months)
- The top of the calendar yr
- The top of January or February within the yr following when the donation was made
That’s why year-end and new-year appeals could be such an effective way to remind donors about impending matching present deadlines.
Greatest practices for advertising matching presents together with your begin or end-of-year reminders embrace:
- Offering context about matching present applications and the significance of submitting matching present requests earlier than it’s too late.
- Stressing that beforehand made donations are sometimes eligible to be matched for as much as a yr after being submitted.
- Ramping up your matching present advertising efforts with elevated communications throughout the year-end giving season.
- Using social media as an effective way to unfold the phrase to your supporters and attain the widest audiences doable.
- Optimizing communications by staying up-to-date in your donors’ employers and their particular deadline necessities.
When you ought to actually be encouraging donors to submit matching present requests on the time of the donation, many firms have an prolonged grace interval. The top/begin of every new yr is a improbable alternative to remind all donors that there should still be time to submit an identical present.
Don’t miss out on a remaining likelihood to double donations from the yr!
Instance Content material:
- “Did you donate to us this yr? There’s nonetheless time to submit an identical present request out of your employer—submit your match right here earlier than the tip of the yr!”
- “Many matching present firms supply a several-month grace interval within the yr following the yr a donation was made. Now, many deadlines are shortly approaching on the finish of January and February! Learn the way to entry your employer’s pointers and full your match request right here.”
Nonprofits want each greenback they’ll seize, and matching presents are an efficient option to improve fundraising with out demanding an excessive amount of out of donors. Step one is just making donors conscious of the alternatives—and the most effective methods to take action is by advertising matching presents in your digital communications.
Whether or not you promote matching present alternatives in your on-line newsletters, social media posts, or emails (or a mixture of all the above), digital outreach permits you to showcase matching presents in a easy and inexpensive but nonetheless efficient method.
Prepare to maximise your matching present funding! Discover our different recommended academic sources on the subject under: